Easter Crafting & Baking ideas
Easter is just around the corner and Spring is almost in the air which, in the Clean Little Tummies’ household, means Easter Crafts and baking! Isabelle was very lucky to receive a beautiful Easter Craft Kit from The Little Picture Company, so we spent a lovely afternoon baking and crafting together this week.
While Isabelle painted her beautiful little wooden Easter decorations with supreme focus (the set comes with paints and brushes, so all you need is in one kit), I baked some simple Easter cookies. This creation is a lovely twist on classic Easter flavours but without lots of the sugar that is around so much at this time of year.
250g plain flour
100g ground almonds
50g coconut oil (softened)
2 tbsp honey
5 medjool dates, chopped (very finely chopped if you're not using a food processor)
1 tsp baking power
2 tsp cinnamon
zest and juice of half an orange
What you need to do:
- Pre Heat the oven to 160C Fan
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the egg, honey, butter and dates. Add the zest and juice of the orange. If the ingredients seems too dry, add some more juice to bring it together.
- Mix together to form a dough. You might find it easier to use your hands - a perfect messy activity for a clean little tummy!
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until it forms a dough.
- Wrap in cling-film and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Once the dough is ready;
- Roll out the dough until it is about 5mm thick. (Don’t worry- the cookies will rise slightly when they cool.) It can be a crumbly mixture so you may need a little extra orange juice to bring the mixture together as you roll-keep squeezing it together tightly to get a firm dough.
- Use Easter cutters to make cute little shapes.
- Place cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. If making bigger shapes then you will need longer, but watch carefully as they can burn quite easily. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack
If you fancy an Easter crafting and baking afternoon during your school holidays, head over to our friends at The Little Picture Company to purchase your own Easter Craft Kit. I’ve got a free delivery code for you all to use too - just enter CLEANLITTLETUMMIES for free delivery on all orders at the checkout. You’re welcome!
Have a very lovely Easter filled with lots of Easter Fun.
Caroline & The Clean Little Tummies xxxx