Festive season is here, and if you're wondering what to serve up for breakfast during the next few weeks, or need a little homemade gift for your teachers/neighbours/friends ... then look no further: I'm here with a Christmas Granola which tastes so Christmassy you really wouldn't know it isn't full of the bad stuff!
Another easy recipe which has the added bonus of making your house smell amazing as you make it. Make a batch just before friends arrive and they'll feel like they've just stepped into a Christmas wonderland! Once it's cooled, pour it into jars or bags tied up with pretty Christmas ribbon and you'll have a lovely gift ready to go from your kitchen. Homemade gifts are always the most treasured (and they’re light on the hip pocket too).
To make a big batch to get your through the Christmas season you will need:
150g coconut oil
100ml maple syrup
100g dried cranberries
100g chopped pecans
2 tsp cinnamon and extra for sprinkling
1 tsp mixed spice
What do I do?
- Pre heat the oven to 180C/160C fan
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment
- Melt the coconut oil and then mix it with the oats
- Mix until all the oats are coated
- Add the nuts
- Spread out evenly on the baking tray
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and sprinkle over some extra cinnamon
- Bake for 10 mins
- Remove from the oven, stir well
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes, watch closely as it is quick to burn!
- Remove from the oven and stir through the cranberries
- Leave to cool, serve with natural yoghurt, milk of your choice or place in glass jars ready for gifting
- Store in an airtight container, lasts for up to one month
Wishing you all a very merry festive season
Caroline & The Clean Little Tummies xxxx